Monday, May 12, 2014

DAY 1: WHERE DO WE START?


In my previous post I answered a few questions that will give you an idea of where I am starting from.

Not rich, not rich family, no golden cradle.

So: father of three and husband of THE ONE
(That's how I define myself even in my twitter account @neverbrake)


Born in a developing country of South America in the late 70's.

Went to a french school, where a got a love for languages - learnt french and English - and drawing. I think I could spend hours and hours drawing comic strips or simply drawing stuff.

As any kid, I loved movies! not only going to the movies but understand what was behind of it. Read and learnt about special FX and made my own. I think I blew up and burnt several toy cars  and plastic soldiers trying to create a home-made explosion.

I used to go to the kitchen, put the little car on the floor and with a spray of Lysol, fill up the car and draw a line from the camera to the car. Then with a match of lighter, I would turn on the line of Lysol, and the fire would catch the little car and make a beautiful explosion!! (Don't do it at home I must say, don't I?)

Lived with my father and mother and a big sister. Normal family, VERY united, doing everything together. 

>Thought: MAGIC - it's where most of it starts...

My mother was (still is) carying, dedicated, worked during the mornings.
My father was a loving father, dedicated as well and had a little thing that I still cary: believed in dreaming! (Will remember him like that forever)

When I grew up I wanted to be a movie maker. Thanks to my parents I visited a cinema faculty and got the first impression (sadly a negative one). Tried to look abroad my country and made my research.


Guess what!

I am an industrial engineer, that loves movies, never misses an Oscar's night, and draws in its mind comic strips!


Did I took the chance? NO! 


So, what does it all have to do with this blog? being a movie maker that never became a movie maker? having a father that believed in dreams? not taking a chance?

I think that if you change Industrial engineer by other career, have someone in your life that believes in dreaming, play with your imagination during your childhood, 

WE ALL CAN BE THE SAME PERSON, OR WE ALL CAN HAVE THE SAME STARTING POINT, DON'T WE?

Great! so I am a common person, with an incredible dream!

And from my early ages I've been having learnings of behaviour that would change and define who I am right now.



(Image from www.kellyjbaker.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment